Arkotos®: an innovative, 100% natural formula to provide relief from coughing!
Arkotos® Syrup takes physical action at multiple levels:
- Provides relief from coughing by protecting against external irritants.
- Facilitates physiological expectoration by hydrating mucus in the upper respiratory tract.
- Reduces irritation and protects the throat through its film-forming properties.
Arkotos® Syrup also contains thyme extract, known for its antioxidant properties and properties that protect the mucous membrane.
After 4 days of use, Arkotos® Syrup reduces the frequency and intensity of coughing*.
Composition of the medical device
Glycerol from plant-based oils - Honey - Larch arabinogalactans (Larix sp.) - Extract of thyme (Thymus vulgaris L.) leaf - Oligofructose - Agave syrup - Water - Lemon juice concentrate - Xanthan gum - Natural flavoring of red berries.
With its content of sugars from agave syrup and honey that are absorbed slowly, Arkotos® Syrup has a low glycemic index of 31.
Take orally. Shake the bottle before using.
- Children ages 2 to 5: Take 1 teaspoon (5 ml) once per day.
- Children ages 6 to 12: Take 1 teaspoon (5 ml) 2 times per day.
- Adults and adolescents ages 12 and up: Take 1 tablespoon (10 ml) 2 times per day.
- It is recommended that you time the taking of Arkotoux® Cough Syrup away from meals.
- It is recommended that you wait at least 4 hours between taking each dosage.
- Continue taking as needed.
Do not use:
- For children under the age of 2.
- If you are allergic to one or more of the constituent(s).
- If you are in respiratory failure.
Precautions for use
- As a precaution, Arkotos® Syrup is not recommended for women who are in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- If a child taking this product displays one of the following symptoms, medical attention is required: worsening cough, fatigue, secondary fever, respiratory problems, or significant decrease in appetite.
- If you have an intolerance for sugars, ask a health professional for advice.
- Do not take Arkotos® Syrup along with other cough-suppressant syrups.
- Allow time between taking this syrup and taking other medications (at least 1 hour).
- If symptoms persist for more than 4 days of treatment, consult your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Carefully read the package leaflet.
- Ask your pharmacist for advice.
Conditions for storage
- Use within 30 days after opening.
- Firmly close the bottle after using.
- Store at a temperature of less than 25°C.
This medical device is a regulated health product. As part of these regulations, it bears the CE marking.
Manufacturer: Arkopharma Laboratories. Date this text was updated: 2017-10.